1. Can I cancel my trial before I get charged?
Of course, you can, it wouldn’t be called a trial if you couldn’t. To cancel the trial just follow the unsubscribe procedure below.
2. I uninstalled the game, why am I still getting charged?
Because you are still subscribed.
Payment, subscriptions and trials are handled by Apple and Google depending on the platform you use. App uninstall does not mean you unsubscribed.
To unsubscribe follow the steps below.
3. How do I unsubscribe?
Payment, subscriptions and trials are handled by Google and Apple depending on the platform you are using. The only way you can unsubscribe is through their platforms, not our app. This applies to all apps on the market not just ours.
iPhone users can unsubscribe through Apple ID Subscriptions Page
You can find detailed instructions on Apple’s support page if you need more help.
Android users you can unsubscribe through Google Play Store Subscriptions Page
You can find detailed instructions on Google’s support page if you need more help.
Once unsubscribed you will be able to enjoy the game in full until the end of the subscription period or trial period, but there will be no more automatic payments going forward.
4. I purchased the game but it doesn’t work. (Android users)
Occasionally Google Play gets its data screwed up on your phone. This happens to about 0.07% of you. Congratulations, you are officially special. This results in all of your paid apps not working correctly.
To fix this follow the steps below:
- Go to your device Settings and then Installed Apps. Find Google Play Store and find the option Clear all data. Do the same with Google Play Services.
- Restart the device.
- Login to Google Play Store again and accept their terms of service.
- Now In-App Purchases should work in the game correctly (and other games and apps as well).
5. How to get a refund?
Find out how to get refunds on these links: Google Play Refunds and App Store Refunds
If you miss the refund window for Google Play, contact us. We can manually refund you up to 30 days from getting initially charged.